5 Tips to Beat the Christmas Rush and Save this year
- Make a list. It’s not just Santa Clause that should be making a list and checking it twice... Try and make your own list that includes gifts for each person, Christmas decorations and all your food and drink for the festive season. Making a list and sticking to it will avoid “impulse buying” and save you a lot of money.
- Christmas in September??? You will notice that the stores are already putting up their Christmas displays. Getting in early can help you get those early bargains, beat the Christmas rush and ensure you don’t miss out on the gift of your choice.
- Save time and shop online. Time is money and shopping online can save you hours trekking through the shops, queuing up and trying to get a car park. Just make sure you purchase from a reputable online store and check on the delivery details – getting in early should avoid you anxiously waiting by the mailbox on Christmas Eve for your gifts to arrive.
- Search the catalogues. Knowledge is power – so do your research before hitting the shops and comb through your junk mail for early specials that might be on offer.
- Don’t waste your money on expensive wrapping paper this year! Fancy wrapping paper might look good, but is very costly and it’s money that you are literally just throwing away. Why not make your own this Christmas? Butcher paper can often be bought cheaper and although plain to start with, can be easily and cost effectively decorated by yourself or as some fun for the kids. Or you can help the environment and go with something a little funkier - Newspaper. This is simply going to be thrown out anyway, so why not put it to good use?
These are just some simple tips to remind you that by being organised and getting in early, you can save yourself time and money and hopefully have a pleasant Christmas. If you are in need of a little extra cash to take advantage of these early specials a Safe Mini Loan may be just what you need http://safefinancial.com.au/apply/mini-loan