Eight best ever easy dessert ideas with the wow factor
Dessert. It’s the drumroll course at the end of dinner that’s the icing on the cake so to speak. We’ve put together a few of our favourite, easy desserts that are bound to impress but are pretty simple to make. Try to save them until after dinner before eating!
- No Bake Tiramisu Truffles - If you’re looking for simple dessert recipes then look no further! These little balls of deliciousness are a taste of Italy wrapped in chocolate. With just 6 ingredients and no baking involved you can whip up a batch in next to no time! Check them out at If you give a Blond a Kitchen.
- Molten Lava Cake - What’s not to love about these individual chocolate cakes with a molten centre that’s made from ganache (that’s the fancy name for chocolate melted with cream). Serve with a dollop of ice cream in the centre for one of the best decadent desserts you’ve probably tried in a long time. Head over to Bon Appetit for the recipe.
- Mango Crème Brulee - Here’s a pot of creamy goodness that takes just 20 minutes to prepare, but you’ll need to make it in the morning because it needs at least 6 hours to chill after cooking. It’s worth investing in a blow torch to brown the tops but you can place them under a hot grill if you don’t have one. Get the recipe at Food in a Minute.
- No Bake Chocolate Mint Pie - They don’t come much easier than this! Crushed Oreos for the base, cream cheese, peppermint essence and chocolate chips in the filling and chocolate on the top (the recipe from Fresh April Flours calls for chocolate chips but if you want to add a bit more pizzazz, use grated chocolate or whip up some chocolate curls.
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake - Here’s a super-simple version of the ever-popular cheesecake that’s on a brownie base rather than you’re usual crumb. It’s a bit of a cheat’s version because the brownies are the store-bought packet mix variety but you can always whip up your own if you’re so inclined. Prep time is just 10 minutes on this quick and easy recipe from Six Sister Stuff.
- Boozy Sticky Toffee Trifles - Hailed as the dessert to destroy all diets, these individually served trifles are layers of sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch pudding, cinnamon cream and candied pecans, with a generous dollop of whisky. OK so this one is a little time consuming, so don’t tackle it if you’re looking for something quick to throw together (check out the baked pears recipe below for that!) – but the results are worth it. All the instructions are over at The Cake Merchant.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfait - There’s a reason why Americans love peanut butter and jelly so much and it’s because they go together so well. If you’ve never tried this flavoursome combination, give this vibrant parfait a whirl – it has 4 layers including two mousses but they are dead easy to make (using silken tofu but you’d never know). Allyson Kramer has the recipe.
- Maple Vanilla Baked Pears - Here’s a super-easy, elegant dessert that’s literally thrown together and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. You get warm pears that are spiced with cinnamon and oozing with maple syrup and aromatic vanilla. Just top with granola, nuts, ice cream, whatever takes your fancy and you have one of the easiest but tastiest treats around. Read all about it at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
So there you have our favourite 8 desserts that aren’t just delicious, they’re pretty easy to make and definitely have the wow factor!
If you can’t get enough of dessert, check out this article from Delish that shows the best desserts from 22 countries around the world. We can help you get there to try them out with our small personal loans that are simple, easy and quick. We can usually get a payment into your bank account within 24 hours so you can start booking your trip straight away!