Five ways to earn money from outdated or unused electronics
It seems like every few months the big tech companies are coming out with newer and more advanced devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets and more. If you’ve recently purchased an electronic item, you might already feel like its outdated, but with these devices being so expensive, it’s not always easy to upgrade to the latest and greatest. You may also have a drawer or desk full of devices that are now obsolete and are just taking up space. So whether you’re looking to earn extra cash to pay down a few bills, or you need money for a new device, here are 5 ways to earn money from your outdated or unused electronics:
- Use social media websites like Facebook to sell what you don’t need. Find your local sales groups and then upload photos of your devices with the amount of money you want for them. You can also use the app Let Go to sell items you no longer need to people in your community.
- Sell your used electronics on Amazon. People can quickly create a seller’s account to get started. Another option would be to trade in your device to Amazon directly if applicable and receive Amazon credit. Amazon gift credit works best if you plan on buying another device with the money you’ve earned.
- Use a website like Mobile Monster if you’re selling your old mobile phones. The advantage to this is that you simply type in what device you have and what condition it’s in and you’ll instantly receive a quote on how much money you will be paid. You then drop the device off or send it in to finish the process.
- If you want to use a website that’s been around forever, eBay is going to be a good go-to choice. With eBay you can opt to set a fixed sell price, or you can choose to auction your devices to the highest bidder. You can also easily sell a bunch of different electronics outside of phones, tablets, such as TVs.
- Device not working? A lot of people don’t even think about selling their electronics because they are either broken or not in great shape. However, many repair shops need parts for phones, or sometimes private individuals will buy devices for parts to fix their own phones or tablets. So even if it’s not working, you can still try to make a little bit of extra cash.
And, if you’ve sold your electronics but you’re still in need of extra cash, simply check out our mini-loan options!