How to save money for the holidays | Yes you should start now!
It’s time to start saving for the holidays...
While you may be wondering if it’s too early to start doing this since the holidays just passed, the answer is no! The sooner you start the better chance you have of having enough money saved up when the holidays roll around next. To help you get started, we’ve created a few simple ways that you can start saving now:
- Save any loose coins that are left over from your daily spending. A little bit of money can add up if you start saving now. To make things easier, deposit the money at the end of each month into savings or keep it separately from your other funds;
- Save a dollar a day. When you think about saving $365, it sounds like a lot, but when you break it down into daily savings, it doesn’t sound like that much money at all, which often makes the act of savings easier to manage;
- Sales don’t just happen around the holidays! One of the easiest ways to save money for the holidays is to do your shopping throughout the year. Many people decide to wait figuring that they’re going to get the best price on gifts or other items when the holiday season starts – however, many items are cheaper throughout the year;
- Don’t just use the above tip on decorations and gifts; also use it for food. Think about how many times you see sales on food throughout the year. Many food items last years before they spoil, which means that you can buy on sale now and then save them for the holidays;
- Think before you throw things away throughout the year. Oftentimes you may have decorations for other holidays or occasions that can be used to decorate for Christmas or the New Year. In addition, extra paper and foil can be turned into handmade decorations. Not only may you save money on decorations, but you can also create an experience with your friends or family by making decorations;
When you plan ahead and start saving for the holidays throughout the year, saving money is much easier to do.