Sell your house quickly! Five ways to prepare for a successful sale
Spring is one of the most popular times to sell a home in Australia. The weather warms up, gardens look better and more people are likely to go house hunting, so springtime can provide both buyers and sellers with the perfect opportunity to close a deal.
But before you go putting the “for sale” sign out, it’s essential to get your house ready before you put it on the market, so it can sell quickly. Here are 5 ways you can prepare for the successful sale of your house!
- Get rid of the clutter. When potential buyers walk through your home, they are going to want to visualise what their belongings are going to look like in the space. If you have too much clutter, not only will it prevent them from imaging their items in your home, but extra clutter can make spaces look smaller.
- Give your home a fresh coat of paint. Would a hot pink bedroom or a baby blue bathroom be attractive to everyone? While the paint colours in your home may appeal to your taste, they might not appeal to everyone else’s taste. Because of this, it’s always a good idea to stick with neutral colors like white, beige, cream, or light grey. These colours pair well with just about everything and they can also make rooms look bigger.
- Spruce up your kitchen and bathrooms. Even if a total kitchen or bathroom remodel is not in your budget before you put your home on the market, there are little things that you can do to give these rooms more appeal. First, remove food and small appliances from the counters in the kitchen to make it feel bigger. You can also install cost effective laminate flooring in either room, or even do something as simple as replace the knobs or handles on your cabinets.
- Make sure the outside of your home is presentable. Again, a fresh coat of paint or new cladding will make your home stand out, but don’t forget about the simple things such as mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges and bushes and weeding the gardens. A day’s worth of landscaping can provide your home with a welcoming and warm appeal.
- Make sure windows are clean and let the light in. Many buyers want an open and airy space so make sure your windows are clean so the light can easily come in. This provides potential buyers with that light and airy atmosphere they are looking for.
If you're looking for some extra funds to help prepare your house ready for sale, check our our flexible mini loans. Once a loan is approved, we can usually get a payment into your bank account within 24 hours - so you can get your house prepped and 'on the market' quick smart!