Privacy consent notice
Safe Business Finance Pty Ltd
ACN 131 891 015
We only provide commercial credit (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). As such the provision of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act do not apply to us.
We may collect, use, hold and disclose, as applicable, Personal Information (which includes Credit Information) about you for the purposes of assessing an application for credit by you, arranging or providing credit to you, acting as a referrer of your business to others, managing credit provided, providing you with products and services, managing our relationship with you and running our business.
1. What Information may we collect?
We may collect Personal Information (which includes Credit Information), Credit Eligibility Information and with your consent, sensitive information.
Personal Information includes:
- identifying information, like your name, address and other contact details and your date of birth;
- information about your financial position, like your income, expenses, savings and assets and any (other) credit arrangements;
- your employment details;
- your tax file number;
- your reasons for applying for a product or service; and
if you are applying for credit, other details such as the ages and number of your dependants and cohabitants, the length of time you have lived at your current address, and other information we consider relevant to assessment of your application for credit.
Credit Information includes:
- details of credit applied for with us and details of the type and amount of credit granted;
- details of whether or not you have been accepted as a guarantor;
- the fact that credit provided to you has been repaid;
- whether or not you have made payments on time;
- default information, being payments overdue for at least 60 days and for which collection action has started;
- details of any new arrangements made with you;
- court proceedings and personal insolvency information;
- information about your credit worthiness; and
- if applicable, our opinion that you have committed a serious credit infringement.
We may be required to collect Personal Information from you to comply with relevant laws and regulations, such as Anti Money Laundering legislation and applicable tax laws.
2. Personal Information About Third Parties
When you make application for credit from us or for the provision of credit assistance by us we will ask you to provide us with Personal Information about other persons, such as referees and family members who we may contact. These persons are referred to as "third parties". When you provide this information to us you warrant that you are authorised to do so.
3. Contacting Third Parties and use of Social Media
We may, at any time while we are a credit provider to you or provide you with credit assistance, contact third parties to assist us in helping you honour your contractual obligations under any credit contract you have with us or where a guarantee is provided to assist the guarantor to honour their obligations under the guarantee.
You also authorise us to use social media to contact you.
In circumstances where you have failed to honour your obligations to us and we are unable, for whatever reason, to contact you by other means, after making reasonable efforts to do so, you authorise us to contact persons listed by you as your contacts, connections and friends on social media sites where you are a user, including third parties, so we can establish contact with you for the purpose of assisting you to make sure you honour your contractual obligations to us.
4. Use Of Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
We may also use Personal Information collected from you in order to tell you about other products and services offered by us or by our business partners. You can let us know at any time if you wish to no longer receive direct marketing materials from us.
5. What Happens If You Are Unable To Provide Us With Your Personal Information
If you are unable to provide us with Personal Information requested, we may be unable to:
- provide you with any credit applied for;
- provide you with any credit assistance requested by you;
- refer you to other credit providers
- manage or administer any credit facility provided;
- verify your identity or protect you from fraud; or
- tell you about other products or services that may be of interest or benefit to you.
6. Disclosing, Obtaining and Exchanging Personal Information
You agree that we may disclose to, obtain from and exchange Personal Information about you with:
- corporations which are related to us;
- credit reporting bodies (explained below);
- external service providers to us, such as organisations which we use to verify your identity, payment systems operators, mailing houses and research consultants;
- any person who proposes or has guaranteed any credit provided to you;
- persons who provide your bank statements to us where you have authorised that provision;
- insurers and re-insurers, where insurance is provided in connection with our services to you;
- debt collecting agencies, if you have not repaid a loan as required;
- any industry body, tribunal, or court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the approval or management of your credit facility;
- our professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers and auditors;
- other credit providers and their professional advisors;
- other brokers, credit assistants and intermediaries and aggregators where applicable;
- your employer or accountant (where self-employed);
- the vendor of any goods you intend to purchase using the credit applied for;
- your representative, where authorised by you; or
- government and regulatory authorities, if required or authorised by law.
7. Related Corporations
As indicated above, we may disclose your Personal Information to corporations which are related to us, including Safe Finance Pty Ltd, Loans By Phone Pty Ltd, Safe Financial Group Pty Ltd, Safe Debt Management Pty Ltd, and Eastcoast Capital Pty Ltd,
We may disclose your Personal Information to our related corporations to assist us and them in providing the products or services you request. Our related corporations may use, retain and disclose, your Personal Information in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies.
8. Credit Reporting Bodies
A Credit Reporting Body collects Credit Information about individuals which is then provided as credit reports to credit providers and others in the credit industry to assist credit providers in managing credit risk, collecting debts and other activities.
If you apply for credit or for credit assistance or apply to be a guarantor we generally will apply for a credit report from a Credit Reporting Body and they will disclose to us, our related corporations and authorised agents, Personal Information about your credit worthiness. Personal Information obtained by us from a Credit Reporting Body will be used by us to assess any application for credit and for other permitted purposes.
We may also disclose Personal Information about you to a Credit Reporting Body, including repayment history information, credit liability information and that you are in default under a credit arrangement or have committed a serious credit infringement if that is the case. A Credit Reporting Body may then include that information in reports it produces to other credit providers.
The Credit Reporting Bodies with whom we deal are:
You can ask a Credit Reporting Body not to use or disclose your Personal Information for a period if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud, including identity fraud.
9. Disclosure of Consumer Credit Information
You expressly consent to us obtaining consumer credit information about you for a commercial credit purpose from a Credit Reporting Body and to that body disclosing that consumer credit information to us for that purpose.
We, our related corporations and authorised agents may give a guarantor, or a person who is considering becoming a guarantor, Credit Information about you for the purpose of enabling that person to decide whether to act as guarantor or to keep the guarantor informed about the guarantee.
In interpreting these provisions of this Privacy Consent Notice, the expression "you" includes any guarantor referred to in an application for credit or person we decide is required to be a guarantor of any credit granted to you..
11. Who holds your Personal Information?
We, our related corporations and our authorised agents hold your Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by us (on our website or otherwise), is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, disclosure or modification.
We may disclose your personal information overseas to persons engaged by us to provide us with services. Currently, we use a service provider in the Philippines to make contact with our clients to tell them about other products and services offered by us or by our business partners. We will always seek protective measures to ensure our service providers take appropriate steps to protect that information in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles and to restrict the use to which they can put that information.
In addition, where you previously lived in New Zealand and make an application for credit to us, we may seek a Credit Report about you from a New Zealand Credit Reporting Body, most likely Veda New Zealand, and in doing so will disclose Personal Information about you to that Credit Reporting Body.
12. Gaining access to your Personal Information
You can gain access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer’s whose contact details are:
Address: PO Box 6840, GCMC Qld 9726
Telephone: 1300 661 991
Email: email@example.com (marked to the attention of the Privacy Officer)
You can request our Privacy Officer arrange to correct any Personal Information we hold about you which you believe is incorrect.
14. Your Agreement
I/We the persons named below consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of my/our Personal Information including Credit Information in the manner set out in this Privacy Consent Notice.